|Total Number: 7|
Conducted research on- Forest Policy, Agroforestry, Participatory forestry, Cooperatives and Forestland grabbing, Livelihood, Poverty
|Total Number: 25|
National and International (>25): Agroforestry, Forest Policy and Management, Office Management, Traditional Knowledge, Statistics (Canco, R, SPSS, MSTAT, etc.) Questionnaire Preparation, Scientific writing, Teaching Methods & Techniques, Foundation for Uni. Teachers, Natural Resource Management, ICT, Web Page, etc.
|Total Number: 61|
1. K.K. Islam and Kimihiko Hyakumura. 2019. Forestland concession, land rights and livelihood of ethnic minorities: the case of the Madhupur Sal forest, Bangladesh. Forests, 10:288. https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=qCq9OxEAAAAJ&hl=en or https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kazi_Islam26
2. K. K. Islam and Kimihiko Hyakumura. 2018. Forestland grabbing by the foreigners in Hokkaido, Japan: Is it a big concern for sustainable forest development. Applied Sciences, 8(10):1724.
3. K. K. Islam, Takahiro Fujiwara, Noriko Sato and Kimihiko Hyakumura. 2018. Evolving and Strengthening the Cooperative Approach for Agroforestry Farmers in Bangladesh: Lessons Learned from the Shimogo Cooperative in Japan. Sustainability, 10(3), 617.
4. K.K. Islam, Masakazu Tani, Kazuo Asahiro, M. Zulfikar Rahman, Takahiro Fujiwara and Noriko Sato. 2016. Analysis of actor power and livelihood assets in participatory forest management: experiences from Bangladesh. International Journal of Natural Resource Ecology and Management 1(3): 88-98.
5. M.N. Miah, M.K. Hasan and K.K. Islam 2016. Geochemical analysis of forest floor leaf litters of Madhupur Sal forest of Bangladesh. Fundamental and Applied Agriculture, 1(1): 23-27.
6. K.K. Islam, S. Jose, Masakazu Tani, Kimihiko Hyakumura, Max Krott and Noriko Sato. 2015. Does actor power impede outcomes in participatory agroforestry approach? Evidence from Sal forests area, Bangladesh. Agroforestry System (Springer), 89(5):885-899.
7. K.K. Islam, Takahiro Fujiwara, Kimihiko Hyakumura, Masakazu Tani and Noriko Sato. Analyzing domestic agroforestry markets and necessities of cooperatives for agroforestry products in Bangladesh. Asian Academic Research Journal of Multidisciplinary, 1(32): 151-170, April, 2015.
8. K.K. Islam, Hyakumura Kimihiko, Masakazu Tani, Max Krott and Noriko Sato. 2014. Actors’ power, livelihood asset and participatory forestry in Bangladesh: evidence from the Sal forests area. Open Journal of Forestry (USA), 4(5): 1-9.
9. K.K. Islam, R.M. Mallik, Takahiro Fujiwara and Noriko Sato. 2014. Participatory forestry and rural development: sharable lessons for better management across south Asia. International Forestry Review, 16(5): 453-459.
10. K.K. Islam, Takahiro Fujiwara, Masakazu Tani and Noriko Sato. 2014. Marketing of agroforestry products in Bangladesh: A value chain analysis. American Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, 2(4): 135-145.
11. K.K. Islam and Noriko Sato. 2013. Protected Sal forests and livelihoods of ethnic minority: Experience from Bangladesh. Sustainable Forestry. 32(4): 412-436 (Yale University, USA).
12. K.K. Islam, G.M. Rahman, Takahiro Fujiwara and Noriko Sato. 2013. People’s participation in forest conservation and livelihoods improvements: Experience from a forestry project in Bangladesh. International Journal of Biodiversity Science, Ecosystem Services & Management. 9(1): 30-43 (Taylor and Francis Journal, UK)
13. K.K. Islam and Noriko Sato. 2012. Participatory forestry in Bangladesh: Has it helped to increase livelihoods of Sal forests dependent poor people. Southern Forest, 74(2):89-101 (Taylor and Francis)
26. K.K. Islam, Marjanke. Hoogastra, M.O. Ullah and Noriko Sato. 2012. Economic contribution of participatory agroforestry program to poverty alleviation: a case from Sal forests, Bangladesh. Journal of Forestry Research. 23(2): 323-332 (Springer Journal).
14. K.K. Islam and Noriko Sato. 2012. Deforestation, land conversion and illegal logging in Bangladesh: The case of the Sal forests. iForest- Biogeoscience and Forestry. 5: 171-178 (European Journal).
15. K.K. Islam, Dipesh Joshi and Noriko Sato. 2012. Tiger conservation in Chitwan National Park, Nepal: An analysis of social, ecological and management perspectives. International Journal of Environment, 2 (1), 64-72.
16. K.K. Islam, Hyakumura Kimihiko, Fujiwara Takahiro and Noriko Sato. 2011. Confronting people-oriented forest management realities in Bangladesh: An analysis of actors’ perspective. International Journal of Social Forestry. 4(2): 153-179.
17. K.K. Islam, S. Patricia and Y. Rinchen. 2011. Broadleaved regeneration dynamics in the pine plantation. Journal of Forest Science, 57 (10): 432-438 (EU Journal)
18. Islam, K.K., Sato, N., Hoogastra, M. 2010. Poverty alleviation in Bangladesh: The case of the participatory Agroforestry Program. International Forestry Review, 12(5): 412-415 (UK Journal).
19. K.K. Islam and Noriko Sato. 2010. Constraints of Participatory agroforestry program to poverty alleviation. American-Eurasian J. Agric. & Environ. Sci. 9(4): 427-435 (USA).
20. M. Rahman, F. begum, A. Nishat and K.K. Islam. 2010. Species richness of climbers in natural and successional stands of Madhupur Sal (Shorea robusta) forest. Tropical and Subtropical Agroecosystems, 12: 117-122.
21. K.K. Islam, M.H. Rashid, M.J. Pervin and G.M.M. Rahaman. 2008. Impact of traditional homestead agroforestry on the livelihood of the farmers in northern Bangladesh. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment, 2(1): 49-52.
22. K.K. Islam, M.J. Pervin, M.H. Rashid, M.A. Mondol and M.A. Rahim. 2008. Performance of winter vegetables grown under coconut-lemon based multistrata agroforestry system. Tropical and Sub tropical Agroecosystems. 8: 165-170.
23.Y. Fatema, G.M.M. Rahman and K.K .Islam. 2007. Effect of polybag size on seedling growth of three commercial multipurpose trees in Bangladesh. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment. 1(1): 31-34.
24. M.H. Rashid, K.K. Islam, M.J. Pervin and G.M.M. Rahman. 2007. Traditional Homestead Agroforestry Practices and their Impact on the Livelihood of the selected farmers of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Extension Education. 18(1&2): 105-109.
25. M.M. Hasan, S.M. Asaduzzaman, K.K. Islam and M.A. Hossain. 2007. Effect of organic and inorganic fertilizer on growth and yield of wheat in agrisilvicultural syatem. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment, 1(1): 137-142.
26. M.M. Miah, M.M. Monsi and K.K. Islam. 2007. Performance of papaya in the litchi based multilayered Agroforestry system. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment, 1(1): 133-136.
27. M.M.Rahman, H.Vacik, F.Begum, A.Nishad and K.K.Islam. 2007. Composition of structural diversity of tree-crop association in peripheral and buffer zone of Gachabari Sal forest area, Madhupur. Journal of Forestry Research 18(1): 23-26. (Springer Journal)
28. K.K.Islam, M.A.R.Khokon, M.J.Pervin, M.M.Rahman and H.Vacik. 2007. Prevalence of ectomycorrhizal fungi in Madhupur Sal forest of Bangladesh. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment. 1(1): 27-30.
29. K. K. Islam, G. M. M. Rahman and A. T. M. Rafiqul Hoque. 2006. Infestation of insect pests in tree-rice agroforestry system. Journal of Forestry Research 17(1):44–47. (Springer Journal)
30. K.K. Islam, A.T.M. Rafiqual Hoque and M.F. Mamun. 2006. Effect of level of pruning on the performance of rice-sissoo based agroforestry system. American Journal of Plant Physiology. 1(1):13-20.
31. M.J. Pervin, K.K. Islam and M.A. Baten. 2006. Heat storage and energy balance of water of irrigated rice field. Bangladesh Journal of Environmental Science. 12(1): 101-105.
32. M.A. Islam, Q.F. Quadir and K.K. Islam. 2006. Assessment of seed protein and nutrient contents in some selected crops. Bangladesh Journal of Progressive Science and Technology. 4(1): 13-16.
33. A. Mamun, K.K. Islam, M.H. Rashid and G.M.M. Rahman. 2006. Effect of different canopy structures of Eucalyptus species and plot orientations on the performance of rice in crop land agroforestry system. Bangladesh Journal of Progressive Science and Technology. 4(2): 137-140.
34. F. Islam and K.K. Islam. 2005. Performance of red amaranth grown in association with timber saplings in agroforestry system. Bangladesh Journal of Crop Science. 16(1): 101-105.
35. K.K. Islam, G.M.M. Rahman, M.N. Uddin and M.M. Rahman. 2004. Performance of Kangkong grown in association with timber saplings. Bangladesh Journal of Crop Science 13-15: 77-82.
36. K.K. Islam, G.M.M. Rahman, A.K. Hasan and T.R. Khan. 2004. The effect of Akashmoni-rice based agroforestry system on the prevalence of major rice diseases. Bangladesh Journal of Crop Science 13-15: 57-61.
37. A.S.M.Alam, M.A.Wadud, K.K.Islam, K.L.Hossain and G.M.M.Rahman. 2001. The yield and yield contributing characters of rice as influenced by growing trees in association with rice cv.BR11 under the cropland agroforestry system. Progressive Agriculture 12(1&2):41-45.
38. M.M. Hasan, K.K. Islam, R. Yeasmin, M.M. Hossain and D. Hossain. 2007. Performance of stem amaranth (Amaranthus oleraceus) grown as understory vegetable with various tree species. Bangladesh Journal of Seed Science and Technology. 11(1&2): 49-51.
|Total Number: 29|
1.Workshop on “Questionnaire preparation” during 01.01.2009 to 15.01.2009 at Wageningen University, the Netherlands.
2.Workshop on “Scientific writing” during 01.03.2009 to 15.03.2009 at Wageningen University, the Netherlands.
3.Workshop on “Interview techniques” during 01.01.2009 to 15.01.2009 at Wageningen University, the Netherlands.
4.Workshop on “Intercultural Communication” during 01.03.2009 to 15.03.2009 at Wageningen University, the Netherlands.
5.IUFRO XXIII World Forestry Congress, completed one week workshop on: Roles of Traditional Forest Knowledge in Sustainable Forest Management and Poverty Alleviation, as SAP (Scientist Assistance Program) awarder, August 16-21, 2010.
6.Completed Workshop on International Development-I, Kyushu University, March, 2010. Fukuoka, Japan.
7.Completed Scientific Report Writing workshops organized by the Kyushu University on June, 2012.
8.Workshop on Land Grabbing, during 22-23 February, 2014 at Graduate School of Economics, Kyoto University, Japan.
9.E-learning course on “Nonchemical Pest Management in Agriculture” during 07.12.2015 to 09.12.2015 organized by the Asian Productivity Organization (APO), Tokyo, Japan.
10.Training on “Completing Claims on Natural Resources” during 29.02.2016 to 11.03.2016 conducted by the Centre for the Development Organization (CDI), Wageningen University, Wageningen city, the Netherlands.
•One week “Extension Field Trip”- from 09 to 14 June 2000 Organized by the Department of Agricultural Extension Education, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh. Bangladesh.
•“Administration, Office Management and Communication” -Training course during 03 to 13 November 2001 organized by the Graduate Training Institute, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh.
•“Scientific Report Writing” -Training course during 19 to 24 June 2004 organized by the Graduate Training Institute, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh.
•“Acquisition and Management of Agroforestry Knowledge” - Training Workshop during 13 to 21 March 2005 organized and funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), Bangladesh.
•“Teaching Methods and Techniques” -Training course during 12 to 26 February 2005 organized by the Graduate Training Institute, Bangladesh, Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh.
•Degree on “Diploma in Computer Science”- during 9 October 2001 to 10 April 2002 organized by Top Ten Network, Jessore, Bangladesh.
•Courses on “English (Advanced)” – during 10 October to 9 November 2005 offered by the Engineers’ Council of Information Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
•Training on “Project Cycle Management and TAPP Preparation”- during 26 to 31 December 2005 offered by Bangladesh Agricultural University Research System (BAURES) & organized by the Graduate Training Institute, Bangladesh, Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh.
•Workshop on “Strengthening ICT Facilities in Bangladesh Agricultural University” at 23 November 2006, organized by the Graduate Training Institute, Bangladesh, Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh.
•Training courses on “Web Page Design and Hosting” during December 09 to 13, 2006, organized by the Graduate Training Institute (GTI), Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh.
•Completed a courses on “Agricultural Statistics and Mstatc” during September 08 to 13, 2007, organized by Graduate Training Institute (GTI), Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh.
•Successfully completed the course on Curriculum Development and Teaching Methodology, during March 05 to 07, 2013 organized by the Graduate Training Institute (GTI), Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh.
•Completed Training Workshop on Curriculum Development and Creative Questions, during 22-23 August 2015 organized by Faculty of Agriculture (BAU), GTI (Graduate Training Institute) and UGC (University Grants Commission), Bangladesh.
•Completed Training on The Essential Electronic Agricultural Library held on 17-18 April, 2016 at Bangladesh Agricultural University organized by the TEEAL.
|No patent information available..|